There are four seasons that are always experienced, summer, winter, spring, and autumn. People think that it’s only spring and summer that are the most uncomfortable periods for those individuals with allergies. Winter too should be included in this category since it can create much discomfort for people at all ages especially those who have a lot of sensitivity towards mold spores also dust mites.
During winter winter season, most people prefer staying indoors. The chances are in this situation the is exposure of allergic people to allergens, and most disturbing substances for instance pet dander, household sprays dust mites and chemicals also fumes from the gas. These elements can bring problems to the victims’ lives during the season. If the period extends to some times individuals with allergies experiences hard times.
Since the seasons are a natural phenomenon, one can have control over it. To reduce problems that come with the season’s day in day out there are some tips that can be applied to eliminate some of the allergens that come with winter month.
- Ensure your hands are clean all the time- There is much possibility that you handled some of the allergen carries for instance family pet. It minimizes exposure to pet’s allergens. Also, when you visit public places ensure you clean your hands to avoid carriage of viruses common during the winter season.
- Water should be kept clean- This can be achieved by replacing filters and changing water in the storage tanks. Most manufactures recommend it. In the process contamination of water is prevented and, therefore, bacterial, and the mold are eliminated.
- Fix the exhaust fan in the house- By turning it on it ensures that odors are removed entirely in the house also in case of showering excess humidity is eliminated too in the room.
- Clean pajamas and bed linens using reasonable hot water- The hot water will destroy dust mites completely. It should frequently be done to destroy their existence entirely.
- Spray places that seem to hide some allergens carriers- Objects like Christmas tree and even garden hose if present in the house should be sprayed using a proper spray. It should be done before dusting.
- Fix efficient furnace filters- This is to control the allergents that might be present in the room. The fan should stay on through at all times.
- Regular checking of the room- Try to find any visible mold, also look for areas that have the possibility of mold formation. The areas mostly are regions of the basement that are smelly or even pile of firewood.
- Thorough cleaning of stepping services- The carpets should regularly be cleaned. The process reduces dust mites also pet allergens number.
- Regulate the atmospheric water in the room- Ensure that the humidity level in the room should be between 30-40 percent. The environment doesn’t favor the existence of bacterial and molds.
- Keep your bedroom safer- This is because it is the place where much of the time is spent. It should have least trigger of allergy. The room should be clean as many times as possible. Essure that the pillows and mattresses never come in contact with the allergen.
Allergy will be eradicated if proper actions are taken towards eliminating the allergens. By doing it, life that has been uncomfortable to many people especially during winter will feel better. Winter season will just be like any other comfortable period.