Have you heard of laser teeth whitening and wondered if it’s right for you? Read more about the process to decide if it’s something you want to try.
Laser teeth whitening is a process that involves several hours in the dental chair. The process can be done in a single session and it does not result in a lot of pain like other dental procedures.
The first step of the process is the gums and tongue are covered in beeswax to make sure they’re not damaged by the laser. The dentist will apply a whitening gel. The dentist will then point the laser at the teeth and the light will remove the yellow stains on the teeth. Once the process is complete, the dentist will give his patient a fluoride treatment. This will help strengthen the teeth.
How long the effects last depends on how well the person takes care of her teeth. Your dentist should give you a list of foods that can cause staining such as red wine and cola drinks.
Advantages of Laser Teeth Whitening
• Most clinics offer the service of laser teeth whitening at affordable prices.
• The effects of laser teeth whitening can last up to one year if you take care of your teeth.
• There aren’t any painful side effects
• Laser tooth whitening does not harm your teeth.
• The process is useful in removing stubborn stains that are hard to remove by any other whitening methods.
Disadvantages of Laser Tooth Whitening
• Laser tooth whitening is quite expensive.
• It may take several treatments to get your teeth as white as you want them to.
• Rarely, teeth whitening can cause sensitivity, and gums can experience some pain.